Monday 29 March 2021

Waiting For The Vet To Call

Now I don't want to be considered a neurotic puppy owner but I'm still not happy with Siska. I know puppies poo a lot, believe me I'm pretty experienced in cleaning it up .. but this is too much. She seems to spend time trying to poo as if she's constipated, but what comes out is quite normal really, other than it comes in huge quantities. After she's been straining I have spotted some red blood, which is minimal and I think is quite normal when they are straining to go.
Siska is completely fine in herself but since it has been going on for a few days I rang the vets this morning. They had no available appointments but I could get a phone consultation - well they said before lunch - we'll see! 
Since I phoned she has also been sick, unfortunately I walked into the room to catch her gulping it back down. 
My other concern is that since she was weighed at the vets last Wednesday she's not put on enough weight, to be honest for the first time ever she looks a little thin ... which I guess she would be if the poo is passing without her getting the nutrients she needs out of it. 
I'll update later ...