Monday 22 March 2021

Everyone Loves The Beach

With Mr S having limited mobility and generally being unable to walk with me, I'm over the moon when he suggests an outing. He loves the beach and thinking it would be quieter we opted to pass by Dinas and go to Aberdesach. I had to carry Siska down the larger stones but we got there.
Now having been and come home I can again confirm that I'm really not a fan of dog walking on the beach, give me my mountains any day. (Though I do love walking from Bont Fechan down to the beach, I guess the path makes that walk for me.) I know I'm in a minority but I found the whole thing today extremely stressful. I seem to spend my whole time taking things out of their mouths and I'll now spend the next 24+ hours worrying about what they could have swallowed, at least up here it's only sheep shit that they graze on.
Orin had never been to the beach and did seem very happy to be there, but he completely forgot how to do a recall, to be honest he seemed to forget how to listen at all; I guess the teenage terrors are now ahead of us! Siska doesn't generally seem keen on water, but was very keen on eating anything she could find. My fingers are now full of tiny teeth holes from pulling things out of her gob. Do I want to go again? Hell no, but I guess would if it meant a quality time with Mr S, unless I could persuade him to go elsewhere.