Wednesday 10 March 2021

Archie

Archie with Jezi
Archie will be going in to have his bits off in the next couple of weeks. Female cats will start coming in season soon and as beautiful as they may have been the last thing we want is Archie progeny around Fron! I'm having him done when Siska goes in for her DHP vaccine, I will wait till she is over 10 weeks then as recommended by Nobivac only one vaccine is necessary. (Nobivac DHP vaccine provides core immunisation to dogs for distemper, hepatitis (canine adenovirus) and canine parvovirus. - we are not combining it with lepto - I can't see me giving any of my dogs a lepto vacs again) 
My own vet is willing to neuter Archie but I was shocked to hear another local vet will currently only spay the female cats as they don't consider neutering males to be essential under covid regulations. Well what a cock and bull story. It takes two to tango and how many litters do they think an unneutered male is capable of producing in a season? Bloody ludicrous, watch out for a huge influx of kittens in the Caernarfon area then! I pity the Rescue Centres!