Tuesday 16 March 2021

Vet Chat

These two are booked in at the vets next Wednesday. Archie will have to miss breakfast and get there for 9am. I'm going to get him chipped as well as neutered. I've no idea what colour I will be able to register him as? I know they have a drop-down menu on the PC, so I'm hoping Lynx Tabby may be there.  I can't just register him as tabby, if he did get lost people would not consider him as a tabby. I can't imagine the receptionist at the vets will have a clue either, let face it 12 years in rescue and I haven't seen a moggy quite like him so I can't imagine they have!
Siska is going for her DHP with no lepto. As I've said before more dogs die from the L4 vaccine than the condition, which is treatable. I'm just not willing to take the chance. I've booked her appointment with Beth as she understands where I'm coming from, and I've every faith in her handling and weighing of Siska as I'll have to stay outside. I'm kind of hoping that Siska will be going on for 8kg by then, it will be great if she's almost doubled in the 3 weeks since she was last there. 
I will probably take Orin with me to get him weighed. He will be 12 months on Friday, but I'm not making an extra trip to weigh him! I'll now have to get organised to get him hip and elbow scored. Most of my friends are currently sending their images to Australia to be scored, not only is it cheaper but they have a turnaround of 36hrs - the BVA, blaming covid, currently have a backlog of 3 - 4 months!