Wednesday 3 March 2021

Keeping Safe

Another litter of puppies have been stolen yesterday. Devastating, but somehow I expected them to have gone from a garden or kennel, apparently they were in the house and the owner popped out. I can't imagine much worse. Steve and I have not been off the property together for 7 weeks, well till the puppy play date last Friday. Maybe you think we are crazy or that we are paranoid, but we have honestly been too scared to leave them home alone. When they are in the pen in the yard the adults are milling around, no one comes anywhere near the property without them sounding the alarm so we do feel secure then. I hope their new owners will be extra vigilant when they get them home. 
Talking of vigilant puppy buyers, remind me to talk toys with you ... 
Siska, Raven, Elka, Wren, Robin
Siska is still noticeably smaller than her siblings.  She was 4kg yesterday at the vets and her sister was 5.3kg. I'm honestly not concerned anymore though, it is merely an observation. We know too well here that good things come in smaller packages .. Aria and Louis come to mind. 
We adjust the puppy's collars regularly, but today there was no space to adjust a couple of them further, so I took them off. I then thought sod it and took the others off too. Well we don't need them now, do we? Enter Mr S ... Confused.com. So funny.
First time out in the bottom field for the little guys.
Great fun
Wren and Raven 
Robin
Elka
Siska