Saturday 13 March 2021

9 Weeks Update

I can well imagine her siblings are flying ahead but I was pleased that Siska weighed 6kg today. Not bad going from 4.6kg at 8 weeks. I know that Jazz was over 7kg at 9 and a half weeks, but Isla was 6.3kg at 9 weeks so that is pretty close really. My god this little lady has attitude, to be honest I love it. It's far easier to calm something down than to get some oomph in them. She is so cheeky and now if she's not swinging off my jeans she's hanging off Orin's tail ... and we all know how proud he is of that tail! 
Siska did push her luck a tad today. We went to take Gail's birthday present to her at Freshfields and Siska got to meet Penny and Vanessa in the cattery. She was great, very confident and toddled around like it was all familiar to her. Vanessa played with bee with her, but when Siska lost her grip she had a tantrum, lunging forward to grab her bee she bit Vanessa. Now I know it was an accident, just bad timing but Vanessa and I have known each other long enough for her to know that I would expect her to deal with it .. and she did, brilliantly. As I said when that instinct is in you things are dealt with immediately and therefore never escalate. I think Vanessa and Siska will now be best friends!