Friday 5 March 2021

Human Error

Wren that's rude! 
 Last night I watched the puppies play, it seemed to be pick on Wren night. I picked him up onto the sofa for a cuddle and I watched a familiar scene unfold. He sat looking down at them with an almost arrogant expression on his face, Raven was livid and I realised immediately I was making a mistake! I popped Wren back onto the floor and everything defused and got back to normal. Human error again, thankfully I noticed it, and yes sadly I'd seen it before here.
Those bloody sisters of 2011. The three long coats girls and the 2 boys were sold leaving us with 4 s/c sisters. Separately Ziva was pretty easy really, Enya was the darling of the whole litter, Danni was a sweetie and then there was Jezi! Danni was the smallest and had been Steve's favourite from the beginning. She was so pretty and so loveable .. but for the life of us at the time we just couldn't sell them. With every week that went by tensions increased, and if ever anyone looked sideways at Danni then Steve had her on his lap. I remember it so clearly now, she's sit there looking so important as Jezi got more and more wound up about it. Did I see it then? To be honest, maybe not as I do now. Enya was no bother, she was a delightful girl and didn't involve herself in any of the agro. Ziva on the other hand was more ready to join in, but the tension that was between Danni and Jezi was becoming unbearable and fights were no longer puppies scraping. It was a horrible time for us and I would never sell same sex siblings to anyone or recommend they ever purchase them from elsewhere. 
Enya found a lovely home when she was about 5 months old but our misery continued till the girls were 8 months. We would have loved to have kept Danni and Ziva, they got on, but we felt Jezi was unbalanced and unsafe to sell. We broke our hearts when Danni left us, but it was for the best for everyone and I love seeing photos of her online with her doting family. As soon as Danni left Jezi changed for the better, though none of my other bitches will tolerate her now. What do they know? She's not perfect, hell I know who she is but she has a great life and Nico has been her saviour. She was never bred from and shown very lightly but she's still here and I've made every effort to keep her safe! She does lack social skills and is less likely to listen then anyone else, therefore if I'm not happy that it's safe when I'm out then she's on the lead, keeping her safe is paramount! Was Jezi born or made this way? Nature or nurture? Well I guess we'll never really know but I do believe she has been at least partly a victim of our circumstances in 2011/2012.