Tuesday 29 September 2020

Lakes Were A No Go



After seeing the forecast for this week I cancelled my shopping plans for today. I may as well go to Tesco in the rain tomorrow and enjoy the weather today. I had set my heart on Llyn Cop, but sadly I could see from here that the cattle were there and I had to rethink. I must admit after planing and looking forward to it, I was quite disappointed to not be able to go. I then thought of Llyn Ffynhonnau, but there were cars everywhere, my heart sank. I'd left it too late to go further afield and all I could do was go uphill. Orin had never been around the boat quarry, past the tunnel and through the derelict cottage and I decided that I would take them all that way. Last time I took Asha this way she struggled on the climb back up but I decided to give it a go. I'm convinced she's affected by the heat .. as if by magic the cloud covered the sun for all of the third walk. Asha did really well and was sprightly and happy.  The heat definitely does her no favours, it was just ideal walking weather all round.
I decided not to take the last lot around the actually quarry hole, to be honest I was just nervous with Orin, it is a sheer drop, and he's just a little young maybe to realise the danger. I'll take him with a lead first I think.