Saturday 19 September 2020

Feeling A Little Sad

The babies are six months. We should now be planing all the shows to try and get Orin and Isla qualified for Crufts 2021 ..  But I can't see that even happening. I haven't seen Isla since she left, truth is I haven't seen any of the K litter. Thank god for Facebook, at least there I can see how well the pups are all doing.
I'm missing the regular contact with my friends, most of them are show people, well dog people anyway, and they are scattered all over the UK. We used to get together regularly, show our dogs, put the world to rights and then share our food on the "Munchie's table!" It's a year since I saw some, but I was lucky enough to see a few in January. Yesterday it hit me hard. I really miss some of the special people that I'm not blessed to see at the moment, and with things getting worse again god knows when it'll change. From a selfish point of view I really hope we don't go into a full lockdown now with Kaiah's season approaching! 
I have to confess, Orin is really rather a nice looking pup, and that's from someone who's always very critical of their own. I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses, kennel blindness helps no one in the long run. Orin is not perfect, far from it; I see the faults but the positives far outweigh the negatives  and that's all we can ask. 
Mum and Dad came up yesterday, only the third time this year, but we are getting some catch ups done whilst we can. Mum is a cat person but Archie was a little shy, Orin on the other hand made her day by sitting on her lap on the sofa. Mum said it was the first one in a long time to be so affectionate towards her, but I guess because of their age I do tend to put the dogs away when they visit. Orin is a lot like Louis in that sense, very cuddly .. but less exuberant! 
Hopefully we'll get updated photos of the K kids to share later.