Friday 25 October 2019

Treats And Toys

Why do I always end up with the greedy chaps? Well almost always - I do have a fussy sod in Ross who without doubt has a sweet tooth and less interest in his dinners.
Luther has now well and truly joined the greedy club. He, Perry and Choo eat on the other side in the Utility room to give the older ones a bit of piece. The three eat at the same speed and Choo then goes off to find a bed for the day .. but these two then start hounding the other cats. This photo is them under supervision, I dare not walk away or they steal .. and it's usually Junior that gets pushed out of his breakfast.
Ross and his sweet tooth eh, bloody hell .. cakes are a firm favourite though he will hound Steve for a piece of apple. Denta sticks are a favourite for him too. To be honest I don't buy too many as they really don't do what they say on the tin do they. They really are not good for the dogs at all, such a high calorie content, but it's so hard when they love them so much. I'm humanising slightly but saying no would be like telling me I can't have chocolate again .. yes they really are that bad for the dogs .. so I do for them as I do for me, 1 or 2 denta sticks a week only! (maybe I should give Loki one a day to see how quickly he gets fat! lol) Actually my mum buys them a packet a week, denta stick for the dogs and dreamies for the cats. I'm not sure how good they are really either as the cats go nuts for them too, but they get them, all in moderation.
Earlier in the week I had a message to say that Paul had dropped off some gifts for the dogs at my parents house. I love getting things for the dogs, but I also dread it. People's ideas of what is safe and sensible are very different to mine. Cheap toys are just a waste of money and also often dangerous .. remember the nuts and bolts in the toys from home bargains? Oh and the flashing thing in Aldi had a battery in it? OMG safety first! Well Paul couldn't have got it more right could he .. two black kongs and some very happy kids .. especially Ross who grabbed one and ran off with it still in the packaging!  Most of the kong products are brilliant, these love the Kong Trio's as well as the scrunchy ones .. though Sammi has now killed both the scrunchies but it did take a couple of years for her to decided to do it. The classic Chuck it balls are also brilliant but with the van costs and my recent purchase of 50 bags of food they will have to wait a while now for new toys and to be honest they are not short anyway!