Wednesday 23 October 2019

Blanik Bus Number Three

Some attention seeking behaviour from the Blanik Bus has ended up costing us a small fortune. Sunday we called out the AA and they didn't have a clue .. the man who can couldn't!  7 garages later we finally found someone actually willing to look at it. Within minutes of shutting off the engine the light and wipers came on .. very odd me thinks! (we had to disconnect the battery overnight to get it to stop)
I can't tell you how unhelpful most of the local garages have been. At least our usual garage was honest in saying, well it's electrics and over my head. I just can not believe how disinterested the others were... anyway 2 days and a small fortune later the van is back. Apparently a common fault in Peugeot's that this fuse box had fried .. just wear and tear and age I guess. I was thinking of getting side windows for the guys to have a better view and a Blanik logo put on it but now I'm hesitating. I'm not spending money on cosmetic things until it proves to be reliable. If it's not it's gone and I'll go and steal my yellow bus back ..I know where it lives! lol
Funny yesterday when I picked it up a window was wide open. Why is it every time one of my vehicles go to the garage it come back with windows wide open? I honestly don't smell dog in them at all, and I honestly am making an effort to keep this clean and tidy .. and succeeding in the cab at least so far to my standards! Of course as my friends know I absolutely hate artificial smells, perfumes, scented candles included so there is no chance of an air freshener in it, I'd sooner smell wet dog any day than sickly artificial smells. On a few occasions in the past Steve's air fresheners in the car landed on the motorways on the journeys .. of course I'm far more aware of litter, pollution and recycling these days. The easy solution, just don't buy them!
I was going to do a decent drive in it today, but Asha got me up at 3am so I've slept a little late to take everyone to the woods. I'll aim for another day and try and get everyone to Llyn Cop ..as long as the cattle are not there. Asha? She's fine, I think maybe some night are now too long for an old lady without a loo break!