Friday 4 October 2019

Test Two For Kaiah

Day 16
The progesterone has increased slight more than anticipated. If it was doubling every 48 hrs it should have been on 3.2 .. instead it's up to 5.9. So for the sake of my poor mathematical skills we'll call it 6! 6 today means 12 on Sunday with ovulation therefore probably late Sunday or early Monday. A test therefore on Monday should be the last conformation of what happens next. I guess it will probably be Wednesday by the time she is ready for mating. Had I followed my post from her last season I'd have got it bang on .. of course that was a risk I was not willing to take!
Catch up here if you like.
http://talistails.blogspot.com/2019/03/day-22.html

Again the vet was very complementary about Kaiah's character. It really means a lot to hear it you know. She was quite taken aback that after some difficulties in getting blood (her veins not willing to give it up) on Monday and today that Kaiah still greeted her with such cheer. She commented again at her lack of fear at having the bloods done and said there's not a bit of nastiness in her is there! Well, hmm, no I agree, not with people, Kaiah really is a people person but as I told her she is pushy with the other dogs. The vet said that she was really impressed with how comfortable she is in her own skin and that Kaiah really knows who she is. There's no bigger compliment really is there .. Character is paramount ... and when it's all done as is always the case with Kaiah when she get's it right she "demands" her treat!