Monday 7 October 2019

This Is All So Stressful

The results for the idexx test usually arrives on my phone as soon as I get home, when it hadn't arrived within 30 mins I started to panic. Then I had a call from the vet to say there was a technical problem with the machine .. basically it was not reading the blood .. well just not working. Honestly I was near in tears. This was really not what I needed after the van playing up yesterday. They suggested I get a back up plan and prepare to ring Mona to arrange another test if with the assistance of the idexx technical team they could not get the machine to work within the next 45 mins. At the stroke of 12.30pm the results came through .. and breath!
28.5 .. so yeah quite a jump from 5.9 on Friday isn't it. Kaiah will need mating tonight or tomorrow morning. my head is spinning.
After some discussions we are going at 3.30am to get to Suffolk for 9ish. Leaving it any longer would be unwise. I think I was right that Kaiah ovulated overnight Saturday into Sunday as the change here on Sunday was so obvious. It is a concern that she went up so quickly and she is now probably well over 32. (32 - 64 Optimum potential for fertility) The eggs stay fertile for a good 24 hours before they start to age. But logically even if she has doubled by tomorrow morning, which she shouldn't do she would still be fertile. Over 32 you should have a window of 2 days .. Of course it's not an exact science is it ... here's hoping!