Tuesday 1 October 2019

Ross That Kong And Bloody Sheep

Yesterday I posted this photo on Facebook with the humorous post "They don't make them like they use to .. now what am I going to do?" There was banter and fun .. but then someone said they had sent a voucher for him to get a new one. True to their word the money came through via Paypal. Of course I'm a little embarrassed as that was not the point of the post, but I've taken it as a kind gesture and it's appreciated greatly by Ross, truth be known I had already ordered him a new one anyway. Ross without a kong is a real pain in the butt! Of course Mr S doesn't see it the same way .. he tells me I'm not to put on a post like that again as it looks like I'm begging .. hell no! It was just a bit of fun. I don't want to be censored ... I won't be!
This morning I read other posts on the photo and chuckled as so many people get my humor. Though one lady suggested I get him a black one as they are stronger. As we all know Ross needs an aqua kong and the black and red kongs sink, but we do have a black one here which he wants nothing to do with, and a red one which he doesn't mind. Truth be known it was my fault anyway .. the aqua kong is for walking and usually stays in the van, I let him bring it in after we had spent some time in the field trying to fix the fencing. My bad!
Which leads me to the next subject .. sheep. If you live in Fron you live with the sheep, they walk through the village, sleep in the bus stops and eat your plants ..life in Fron and we accept that. In the interest of safety our bottom field has always been well fenced to keep them out, that was until Scottish Power accidentally knocked the wall down. Though the wall was eventually rebuilt the sheep had already learned that the grass is greener on our side and keeping them out has been a loosing battle.
When I left for the vets yesterday I saw they were in out fields again, when I got home I lost the plot. The yard between the 2 gates looked and smelled like a farm yard, there was sheep and shit everywhere. Mr S had been out and had carried shit onto the new carpet in the hall and I could have just cried. I told him we have to do something, we have to buy fencing again. Though I understand his point of view, "why is it always down to us?" I was at my wits end and told him I needed it doing. £50 later we arrived home, got rid of the 17 sheep in the fields and started rebuilding areas of the walls that they had knocked down. We took the roll of fencing on the trolley down to the bottom of the field and decided a break was necessary before part two. Nico and Jezi had been with us the whole time and after lunch we took the other 6 with us. Realising quite quickly that we could not get this done between us I rang the farmer and asked for help. He's a nice guy and honestly we could not have done it without him. So one section of the field fenced and now we'll wait and see where they come in next. I fear this is only another battle in the war.
When we got back into the house the smell immediately hit us .. warm sheep shit. Yep you've guess it. Jezi had eaten so much sheep shit that she had vomited it up all over the room. I've never seen such a war zone of vomit in my life. I can only think she had vomited it up, ate it again and had a large drink before repeating the action 6 times. I stood there and looked at it for a fair few seconds and just didn't know where to start. The smell, the colour, the mess was just totally overwhelming. I just hope now we get a little more success in keeping them out, it really has got out of hand and all because Scottish Power didn't do a good job of fixing the damage they caused in the first place!
I wonder how many of you watched the BBC1 Wales documentary on Puppy Farming last night? Well come on WAG see the wood for the trees. The puppy farms are horrendous but the council's who keep reissuing licences and the vets who continue to pass these poor bitches as fit to breed have as much to answer for, if not more as the farmers themselves. Hideous, horrible and heartbreaking.
Sadly the programme was pretty much the same as we've seen numerous times before, no improvements .. but at least it did bring to light and name the two councils and two vets practices that are clearly letting the dogs down. Three month old puppies passed as fit for breeding???? .. And in the interest of Animal Welfare they want to charge us a licence fee for showing our dogs? Ludicrous .. Get your house in order and stop going after the wrong people!