Saturday 5 October 2019

A Bit Of Everything


Last night I was looking forward to seeing Andrew with Graham Norton. I was never really an Andrew fan .. but his connection with George of course causes great interest. He is not afraid to admit that George had the talent, and I'll say it this way so it doesn't sound too harsh, in my opinion George just took his friend along for the ride!
Little Perry is getting brave .. last night he walked into the living room through the dogs got onto the mantelpiece and fell asleep. WOW .. honestly I'm so pleased, now we can all be in the living room on a Winter's evening. Luther of course is already there!
The novelty of the new food has worn off with Ross .. he's now back to shall I or shant I bother eating my breakfast .. and being reasonably enthusiastic about his dinner. Ah well that's life. The name thing cropped up again last night, Steve called him Rossy. To be honest in this case I don't mind too much, but his name is Ross, I never heard Demelza call out "Rossy," did you?
A lot of research or planning goes into picking the right name here. In my head Blade had been Blade for a decade before he was born .. and my second GSD which was also going to be male was going to be "Thorn!" That never happened as my second GSD was a bitch .. Nikki.  I've never considered using the name Thorn again, as in my head it was always Blade and Thorn ... so no Thorn without Blade! Some names I just fall in love with, like Louis and Kaiah and other like Ross and Nico are used for a reason. Nico makes me think of my granddad, and though Nico means Goldfinch he used it generally for a garden birds. So yeah  it's Nic/o not Neeco and that is important to me.
The pronunciation of Jezi can also irritate me .. it's not Jessie ... it's a Z. The names though similar are a world apart in meaning.  Jezi Baba - Baba Yaga - Google it and bear in mind I did not choose it!
I guess the one that gets to me the most is another that Steve chose,  Sammi. She is not fecking Sam, she is Sammi, Sammi Belle or Sammi B if you like, but NEVER EVER Sam! Scousers are known for shortening names and I told him when he wanted to use the name that I liked it but it could never be shortened .. he agreed and he doesn't, if only others granted her/me the same courtesy.
The only name I wish I hadn't used is Loki. When I used it 5 years ago I honestly didn't know of any others. (Though I had used it on a cat at Freshfields) Now on a weekly basis I see someone has a new puppy, kitten or a fecking hamster and they've called it Loki. As I've said I blame Tom what's his name and the Marvel comics and films for making the name so popular .. even if they have altered the true character of the Norse God from Mischievous to a tad evil!
I don't mind some names being shortened, Ziva is often Zee, Asha is Ash, but it's our choice to shorten these names and we don't mind others using them in the same way. But when time is spent choosing the right name for a dog, in my opinion friends and family really do not have the right to put their own spin on the name. I'm sure it's not just me, other owners must hate it and are too uncomfortable to admit it too.
Photos from today's walks in this post. The boys are still with Kaiah .. but yeah things are changing. I would think by tomorrow or Monday that they will have to be parted ...