Monday 14 October 2019

Reservations

I now have 4 people on the waiting list for a Kaiah puppy. Two have been waiting since before she came in season and the other two have got in contact this week. I tell them all the same thing, we have to wait to see if she's pregnant,  I won't know and therefore can't commit for another 4 weeks until she has the scan. One gentleman wanted to pay a deposit .. another wanted to start paying me now. Hell no, not until we know they are coming ... and then should we be that lucky to have a litter, well I won't take a deposit until they have got to a safe age.
It's amazing though, this is word of mouth through close friends ... only close friends knew we were mating her .. oh and the 3,000 and odd monthly blog readers! 😁 No seriously it's not like I've posted on Facebook or Champ dogs is it? As far as the social media and GSD world go this is a very quiet page, mainly only for my records, my memories and for friends who like to keep tabs on my furry family.
When it comes to picking puppies of course I also tell everyone that I have first pick of the litter, and I don't know what I'm keeping! Which is the honest truth, my ideal would be a SC sable female .. but my word I do love the idea of LSH sable male like Zalu. If I had stuck to only keeping bitches I've bred as I say I always intend to then there would have been no Dexi, Louis or Mikey. I always wait and see, common sense may not prevail .. but don't tell the husband!