Wednesday 31 July 2019

He's Pretending

I wonder if kittens get adhd? Luther just never sleeps during the day. All my previous kittens have slept for about 17 hours a day .. this one never stops! For mental and physical development kittens are suppose to sleeps a lot — about 20 hours a day reducing to about 16 hours in adulthood. During the waking hours  kittens will go nonstop.  I think Luther has got it the wrong way round!!!!
I've lived with and cared for a lot of cats and kittens, they love to sleep, but I honestly have only ever seen him asleep 2 or 3 times, when I walk into a room he jumps into action. He loves to snuggle into me on the sofa and I will often fall asleep, Steve says Luther relaxes but just watches everything and doesn't sleep. Last night he did fall asleep on the sofa but when I went to take a photo ... his little eyes popped open so not a deep sleep then! 
Perry has always slept a lot more, still does. The other cats also seem to be asleep here for most of the day, but of course they come and go during the night. Luther I would presume does sleep from 11pm till close on 8am when the Kaiah alarm goes off, but that is still only about half of what he should be sleeping. The weather is absolutely vile this morning so Luther and Perry are treating the furniture like a race track, all the other cats are of course asleep!