Thursday 4 July 2019

He Made It!

With Luther wondering further out of the kitchen I've taken to closing the windows and doors when I have to. Yesterday morning Perry was shut out and screaming at the window to come in, I let him in. No more than 5 minutes later he wanted to go back out .. I let him out. When he appeared back at the window within minutes I considered he was taking the piss, but yes I let him in. He then went back to the window and I told him where to stick it. Reading between the lines I think he was trying to get Luther to follow him out. I ignored his tantrums and decided I was not opening the window again until I had finished cleaning and I could supervise Luther outside. (he's far too young and adventurous to be left to his own devices!)  Perry was running from window to door and back again, nope I was not playing the game, but when I came into the middle room I watched him tentatively go out through the cat flap ... wahooo .. it's only taken him 7 - 9 months to figure it out but thankfully he finally has. Now of course he needs to figure out how to get back in! He is now 14 months old ... Choo was going out through it and 4.5 months old, not ideal either I know but bloody hell Perry has been slow. I'm not saying it's the first time he's used it, but I guess with the window being closed more the last 10 days or so he's just had to figure it out or stay in overnight!
I can't imagine Luther will be as slow, he's far more bold, we'll see if he beats Choo's record then.