Friday 12 July 2019

Some Flowers



2 years ago I spotted the pink flower for the first time. It stood alone close to Llyn Cop and I had no idea what it was but was informed by those in the know that it was a Common Spotted Orchid. this year there are dozens of them, small but beautiful and today I spotted one single flower on Moel Tryfan. 
Then there's the yellow flower, now honestly I have no memory of seeing this one before either, there was just one happy yellow circle of them. But what the hell are they? Google to the rescue, it's a Bog Asphodel otherwise known as a Narthecium ossifragum ..  
And mystery number three of the flowers was this, a Heath Milkwort.. 
Not familiar to me either but I do wonder really if it's me that's been walking around with my eyes closed for all these years, maybe I'm just more observant now then eh.