Tuesday 9 July 2019

Fat Cat

When we had Perry Jamie gave him so much time and was so patient with him, in playing with him he also lost a little weight. Not much, but enough to make a difference, now he's putting it back on and I just don't know what to do about it. Playing with Luther may help, but Luther has well and truly teamed up with Perry, I guess two young ones together have so much more fun.
Jamie has been a little round for years but honestly he doesn't eat more than the others. I guess the problem is he eats the same and does feck all, to loose the weight he needs to exercise like the others do. At this time of year they are only really here at meal times and if it's raining, Jamie is always here chilling and sleeping. It's so hard with a cat but I really hate overweight animals .. but I can't buy him a running machine or take him swimming can I? haha.
I've had a lot of trouble with Asha's weight over the years, a few people said she looked matronly at middle aged .. and hell she did.  I had to do something about it, excess weight on a dog is really horrible, to be honest it's cruelty. So Asha went on a diet and came down from 34KG to her current weigh of 29KG .. I cut her food down by a third and equally importantly I increased her exercise ... and my god it payed off .. look her now, you can see she's a very  health older lady. I think if I'd have left her 5kg too heavy then with the strain on her organs, limbs and joints then she probably wouldn't be here now ... which brings me back to the original question ... what do I do about Jamie's weight?