Friday 19 July 2019

Asha Wasn't Well

Yesterday morning Asha had diarrhea for the second time in about three weeks. Still she didn't seem ill and I had to grab her breakfast before she ate it. On the afternoon walk she had diarrhea again, it was bloody awful, like water. I cooked her a couple of scrambled eggs for her dinner and added the tree bark and yogurt, Asha seemed completely fine in herself.
At bed time all seemed fine until Asha came in after her last wee and turned her nose up at her bed time biscuit and carrot. My stomach just churned over, Asha simply does not refuse food. If Ross tells me he doesn't want the biscuit I just think yeah yeah, but for Asha not to eat is such a worry. I took her temperature and it came to 39.8c.. again panic as I thought that must be around 104f  (Yes I work in old money on temperature - i checked this morning google says 103.6f) The normal body temperature of a dog should be 101.5 f or 38.6 c (Approx)
This morning I got up early to get Asha to the vets for 8.30am. I let her out and she went straight to the kitchen, so no emergency to get out then. As it was raining so heavily she stood in the hall and didn't even have a wee .. when they came in she went straight to find her breakfast, which wasn't there! Before deciding on the next plan of action I took her temperature again .. 38.8C .. oh bloody hell that is near normal, now what do I do? Steve and I discussed the situation and decided to keep a close eye on her for the day, there is an open surgery from 4.30 till 6pm should we need it .. and they are open till 10.30 am tomorrow.
Not blaming poor Asha at all but with my head as it is and Steve's mobility being awful and this builder calling today this is not what we need .. still she is the number one priority. As I said  last week I hate seeing them ill, but it's always worse when it's the young or the old.