Thursday 25 July 2019

Jamie's Not Well

Yesterday we spent the day worrying about our very precious Jamie. We had not seen him since 11.30pm the day before. Now I'm not saying that he wasn't in most of the night, that I wouldn't know but for Jamie not to be around practically all day is truly out of character. Those who visit know that he always appears when anyone is around, if we are in the garden he's there, in the yard he's there and of course he spends most of his day asleep on the chair. I'm use to Choo, Junior and Isla going AWOL for up to 24 hrs but not Jamie or Perry they are always around.
Jamie had not eaten since Tuesday morning, that in itself a worry, but not as much as the fact that he wasn't around. Often I find they don't eat in hot weather, well most of them, no one has told Perry, he eats whatever the situation! Steve and I called and called for Jamie yesterday and Steve even went around the fields to look. The problem is if a cat does not want to be found then you are not going to find them and though normally Jamie comes when called there was no sign of him.
About 6pm yesterday I went out searching again. I saw movement in the fields next to the cottage .. it was Choo and Perry playing in the reeds ... but then I saw him. Jamie .. Jamie I kept calling and slowly he plodded over. It was very obvious that he was not well, but he made his way onto the wall and I grabbed him and took him indoors.
Strangely the other cats kept away from him all evening and when we got up to go to bed he stayed on the chair. He didn't want anything to eat and obviously I didn't want to disturb him incase he went out. I got him a hot water bottle and left him where he was.
This morning are special friend is much better, he has stolen some dog food as I prepared it and eaten more than half of his own breakfast. He's back now asleep on the chair with his buddy Junior .. I'll leave him be ....
This cat is so special, if you can have a dog in a life time then surely you can have a cat .. there is no doubts this cat would be mine. He is one in a million ...
Photos of my assistants as I try and prepare the dog food this morning!