Saturday 27 July 2019

Quandary

I'm still on pins waiting for photos of Sammi from yesterday, I'll be devastated if there isn't anything of her on a really special day for us. That win yesterday puts her in third place in the highest achievements of Blanik bitches, with Aria still in pride of place with 2 CC and Nikki in second place with a RCC. Kaiah had been in third place but mummy has just knocked her down a peg or two!
Yesterday I was chatting with a couple of very special people about them having a Kaiah pup in future, but I was unprepared for the reply ... they said they preferred Sammi and asked if I would consider having a litter from her and allowing them to have pick of bitches. (Possibly remaining in joint names) Well I knew they preferred Sammi, that is no insult and they have never hidden the fact, but even though Sammi only had three puppies I had not really given much thought to breeding from her  again. I didn't say no, I didn't say yes, so much to think about.
Currently I feel I will be going ahead with mating Kaiah to Zalu in September but I am not out ruling  mating Sammi next year as their are advantages to having another litter from her. She is due in season in December and if all goes to plan Kaiah will have babies then so I would not consider mating her at that time .. but maybe 6 months later? If Kaiah missed though I would want to take her back to Zalu in 6 months and I would not have the stud fee to pay to take Sammi to another male in December ... Would I?
If Kaiah had a litter I would want to keep a female, my ideal would be a sable s/c .. but I would hopefully keep potentially the best one regardless of colour or coat. It would also be wonderful to know that the best one from another litter would be out there in the show ring flying the "Blanik" flag and in a wonderful home! I would of course have no difficulty letting a bitch of their choice go to my friends, but would I ever be able to sell a Sammi litter without keeping one? Now that of course "is" a question!
I think a further chat with my friends and some soul searching is now very necessary.