Sunday 28 April 2019

Wild WELKS

The morning started as I woke up just minutes before the alarm at 4.30 am. Funny how that always happens. Still it gave me the opportunity to sneak to the bathroom without the whole house waking up .. I thought! But as soon as I opened the make-up box miss Kaiah heard and sounded the alarm. Thank god we don't have neighbours.
Ross and Kaiah had breakfast and due to their ridiculous behaviour where in the van by 5am. Following the weather forecast I envisaged fighting with doors, crates and vet beds in the wind and the rain, but the wind was nothing like what had been predicted and not a spot of rain. Ian arrived, loaded Kasey and we were all set to go...
The first hassle was the Sat Nat - it froze and no matter what we did it was doing nothing! Well we kind of hoped we'd know the way without it, and maybe later put the phone sat nav on if needed. We bickered and argued all the way down .. as we often do, he's so grumpy in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!! Having avoided the recycling and their boxes that were scatted through Carmel, we eventually got to Penygroes which looked like a war zone of wheely bins and recycling boxes .. honestly it really wasn't that windy in Fron.  Though the 3 and a half hour journey went well we did get some horrendous rain and scary spells and gusts of wind. The road was covered in twigs, branches and green leaves and Ian was worried I wouldn't see them and felt a need to point each obstruction out to me, only for me to scream at him .. "I can fecking see it!" I swear if I'd had an ejector seat on the passenger side I'd have used it. You can only treat your friends like that can't you.  In Dolgellau the Sat Nav decided it would work, but you know I think we would have got there without it!
We arrived at the show in plenty of time but personally I was not impressed to be showing in a large rattling tent. It was bloody scary and a huge credit to the GSD's who showed well in difficult circumstances.  They certainly showed more strength of character than some of their owners.
There's so much I'd like to say about yesterday but with the spy in the camp I feel it's better if I curtail my opinions somewhat. It's a shame when I can't be honest here but the last thing I want is bad feeling and confrontation so if you want to know ... ask me! I was really disappointed to see Ross where he was. I don't know what more this lad has got to do to get some recognition, maybe he too needs a "Face" at the end of his lead!  I don't mind being beaten by better dogs, but where ever Ross goes no one consider him worthy of top placings. I do wonder if maybe it's me that doesn't see it?
Considering everything Kaiah did so well, but honestly thoroughly deserved her place. She is really looking that part these days.
The weather in Malvern was bright and sunny, but windy. On the way home we again hit the most awful rain and flying branches. Still I spent a lot of the journey home looking at the fantastic countryside and observing that sadly a lot of the bluebells roadside are the intrusive Spanish variety and not our beautiful native plant. Despite out bickering over who speeds the most and who hammered the Blanik bus the most it took us 3 and a half hours there and the same time back .. strange that yeah!!!