Monday 22 April 2019

Compliments

Now you remember how chuffed I was when a stalwart of the breed wrote about Loki following photos of me and him at St Helens show?
"Good to see a dog alert but relaxed,attentive to his handler,showing his natural lines and not waiting to dash to an attracter! Well done Rhianne" I replied "Thank you so much for your kind words Brian and Susan. I have always handled Loki at open shows like this, it works for us and I believe it's great for GSD to be seen at these shows" And again a positive reply from him. " Absolutely right! Every GSD at ANY dog show should be a positive representative of our breed in both physical and mental attributes. Dogs like Loki promote the reputation of our breed and today more than ever we cannot be indifferent about that."
Last week I was again taken aback at his lovely comments on this photo of Ross. "Natural stability! not a hand near to steady him into a manufactured shape. A working build!!" With so much negativity regarding this breed it is so nice when someone takes time to say something positive. I was equally chuffed when Helen, Ross' breeder commented and shared the photo of him taken at Builth. She said it was probably the best photo she'd seen of him in stance. She said he looks so well muscled and that he was maturing beautifully now. It really means a lot .. and yes I do see it and I''m glade he's doing it slowly, give him a year and he'll be awesome. (Like Amazing that's not a word I use lightly!)
Well this morning Brian's words have almost moved me to tears. On the photos from Llyn Ffynhonnau yesterday he posted ..."Hi! Rhian,your photos have provided me,and I'm sure many others who love our breed,with so much pleasure that I'd like to thank you so much.To see our dogs not just objectified as assets to boost our egotism but as gifts embodying the energy of creaturely life and beauty against such an impressive landscape! May your Shepherd's continue to gladden and Madden your heart in the years ahead.Thanks again."
Wow, honest I'm emotional. On Facebook unless people choose to comment you don't know who's looking at what, but believe me not a lot is missed. As I've said here as well as on Facebook the comments mean a lot; but I don't take the photos just for people to comment and coo over or to boost my ego and make me feel important. I take the photos because I enjoy it. I love capturing moments and memories with my best friends in this stunning place I'm blessed to call home.