Friday 12 April 2019

This Lot Always Make Me Smile

 















The walks today were a huge help to my emotional state. Though there where tears, as expected I guess, being out with the dogs is always good for the soul. There are days when it would be easy to curl up and cry, today was one of those days but when the heart is aching someone here always manages to make me smile! Jamie of course was the first to entertain me this morning. No I didn't get a bubble wrapped cat for my birthday, Jamie loves birthday pressies that come in birthday boxes.
I was thrilled to see this beautiful frog on the bank near Llyn Cop. I'm more familiar with toads around here but I'm presuming this is a common frog. Although called the common frog their existence is diminishing due to the use of chemicals and their natural habitats being destroyed, so sad. I was so thrilled with my photo of this little chap and thought how fantastic nature was and how great my camera was! 
After I took this photo the camera said "photos has stopped working," I presumed it meant Google Photos and restarted the camera. To be honest I then paid no attention to it and carried on with my walk. By the lake I set the guys up for the next photo and got the camera out .. Hmm it was off, I switched it on, nothing happened. To be fair to the dogs I got my phone out and took the photo so they could be on their way. I tried to put the camera on but no matter what I did nothing happened (Yes I took the battery out) Convinced it was dead I put it away and carried on with my walk. I have to admit I was gutted! I got home and told Steve that the camera had died, I said look nothing happens and pressed the button to demonstrate .. bloody hell it came on, it was fine! Relief. 
This is the photo taken with the phone. Now to be honest it's still pretty good, but in my opinion the quality doesn't compare, and of course the zoom on the phone is poor in comparison. I do hope the camera just had an off moment. I don't know what I'd do without it! 
Ross thought I was in need of cheering up, but he insists it wasn't him who dug the hole. I wonder why we don't believe him?