Thursday 18 April 2019

Bluebells

Despite being told by a vegetarian that because I eat meat I can not be a lover of nature, I can't see the correlation myself, I believe that I am. I'm never happier than when I'm walking the dogs in the heart of rural Snowdonia. I love the fresh air, the views the animals and plants. The colours of Spring and Autumn are magnificent and the bluebells are without doubt my favourite wild flower. I love flowers but I don't like cut flowers, I believe flowers should be out in the garden .. not stuck in a vase on a windowsill ... just my opinion of course!
As Linda and I traveled to NWGSD a couple of weeks ago I saw Bluebells on the side of the road, my first sighting of the year, Linda commented that they where a little early. Then during the next week to 10 days I saw others posting photos of bluebells. Our bluebells don't flower up here till May so in April I always go down hill looking for them. I can't say there was as many in Gyrn Goch this year, maybe there will be more in a week or so but .. After the Easter hols it'll be the perfect excuse to go back. Anyway here's a few of my favourite "Bluebell" photos over the years!  
Jezi and Nico - April 2019
Sammi and Loki - May 2017


















Sammi in 2014 and Louis in 2008
Kai and Kiri in May 2011