Sunday 21 April 2019

Two Dog Days

 I really don't want to move the town into the countryside. I love rural Wales as it is with a passion. Yesterday the drive to the show was breathtaking, though it was interesting that not all share the experience! "I cannot understand the logic of anyone travelling to such a remote and difficult place, on such a weekend as a bank holiday. To also experience such an anti climax and to suffer such a return journey."  To be honest I think the journey took us no more than 10 mins more, considering we where travelling between 8 - 10.15am and not our usual start time of 6.30am .. and it was Easter Saturday. Give or take the odd slower moving vehicle who where unsure on the rural roads it all went well.
The anti climax he mentioned was the poor entry, just 65 GSD's in all made some classes very poorly supported. But when we enter these shows we don't know who else will be there, we have no idea what the figures will be till 2 weeks before the show .. and again we get a total entry and have no idea of figures in classes. A show is what you make it, in it to win it, or not in Kaiah's case! I had a great day with lovely friends and my wonderful dogs in a stunning location. The poster continues to point out that people are boasting of class wins when they stood alone or where first of two. Again I've replied .. Ross was first of 2, I haven't hidden it, why would I when the information is available for all to see? Funny how many do forget to post when they stood alone though and I've been reading all the congratulation posts this morning giggling to myself ... BUT YOU STOOD ALONE and where dismissed in the challenge, at least Ross had one behind him!
Today I was being optimistic when I hoped to have Llyn Ffynhonnau all to myself, but it was big enough to share. Now I honestly understand why on days like today people flock to this "remote and difficult place;" I'd sooner they didn't but I understand it and I guess everyone has the right to admire this beautiful place I'm blessed to call home. I understand why someone would want to pitch a tent at the foot of Mynydd Mawr and I would never begrudge them a good time. But, in such a peaceful and tranquil spot, why, just why did they need the boom boom music?