Thursday 20 July 2017

Maybe It's A good Thing?

Teddy 
As I lay there awake when the world was sleeping last night I thought about the sable puppies that have recently crossed my path. Little Teddy, sable no 2 and now the Suffolk brothers. I sure had got more attached to Teddy and Sable 2 than I have to the brothers. In photos and videos I watched them grow week by week and couldn't help but get emotionally involved, especially with Sable No 2 who really did look like my dream pup. I also had reports of their characters, their antics and saw their siblings. Yes I was already invested, but when it didn't go to plan I was devastated.
Sable No 2
So maybe the lack of photographic updates from Suffolk is a good thing? You know I honestly think it is, it has kept me guarded and less involved. I'm now in exactly the same situation as I was in with Sable 2  but I feel less emotional about it all. Of course I'm frustrated, and find it hard to talk about, but having seen less of them I don't really know what I could miss out on. The breeder will pin them down tomorrow and have another proper check .. but I'm not holding my breath as it seems to be such a huge problem in the breed, in dogs in general; but one that I was simply not aware of till my last litter. I couldn't be that unlucky again ... could I?