Sunday 23 July 2017

Lux

After a long chat with the breeder in Suffolk my head is well and truly pickled again! She is willing to hang on to the pup for just a few weeks to see if the testicle drops, she will check him weekly for me. As it can be felt, there is a chance ...  But, and it's a huge but, she has another litter there, now three weeks old out of the son of the father of the first litter. So Larro is the sire of the 8 week old pup, his son Lux is the sire of the 3 week old pups. Both males have been imported from Italy, but OMG I have just fallen in love with Lux.
Now that is my kind of dog! She says of Lux, "Everyone that meets him loves him too, such a character. He is beautiful, we love him to bits, main fault if you like he is a big boy, but we knew that when we bought him."  Well I can live with big! lol The breeder continues "I'm happy to keep the Larro boy so you can choose between the 2 and we'll def know about the dreaded testicles by then! In the meantime if the testicles are both here you can come for the Larro boy." She is being so kind, she couldn't do anymore for me, I'm really touched.
What am I going to do? Hell I don't know? When she originally made the offer last week I was definite I didn't want to do that, but now circumstances have slightly changed and after seeing Lux ..  I'm not so sure! I guess if she tells me next week that the testicles have come down on the older pup I'll be going down for him, if it's 2 or 3 weeks before anything happens then it would be wise to wait and see both.
I must admit his name made me smile too. I guess some of you remember our little Lux?
God I like this dog!