Saturday 22 July 2017

A Kind Of Commitment

"Sully" a friends red sable playing with Sammi 
Yesterday I received a message from the breeder in Suffolk, she said ".. just got back from the Vets, they've had their jab, the Vet gave them a good 'feel' said the paler boy has both and the other boy has one and the other high up in the ring, it will come down, that was her opinion, I felt when I got home and could feel one each?"
I decided at that moment not to go down there this weekend, but to wait and see what this week brings with it. I then chatted to some friends with sables who agreed with me that taking the paler dog was not in my best interest. One friend said, "with some judges quick to put sables down as it is you must at least get a decent coloured sable." As I've mentioned before I know too well the influence colour has on the breed with poor Asha often passed by simply for colour. Right or wrong? I'll let you decide.
This morning I received another message from Suffolk. "Do you want to plump for the redder boy? The other person wants to come on Tuesday for their pup!"  Ah commitment time, but I had already decided last night that I did not want to take on a pale sable dog and I totally understand the other people want their pup. So yeah, the redder dog it is or nothing, and now all we can do is wait and hope. At least he's not 8 weeks old yet is he, and she will give him a couple of weeks to see what happens.
I was honest with her this morning, I told her I had got very deflated and shed a tear or two last night. So much for not being emotionally involved eh! She is still optimistic that it will come, but does understand my reasons for needing to wait. I just can't believe this is happening again .. Excuse the profanity, but I must have been an evil twat in a previous life or something!