Monday 31 July 2017

Another Good Night

Ok a little bit more screaming at bed time, but partly my fault as I'd let him sleep in the evening so at 10pm he was like an explosion. I stayed up till 11pm with him but he was not impressed at going to bed at that time, tough little man!
Anyway I was awake at 6.45am and all was quite and calm. I stayed in bed till 7.30am and I woke him up at that time. Must admit I wasn't expecting that!
Ross is quite a lot smaller than my previous 2 litters - but let's face it Sammi's pups where huge. Kaiah weighed 5.1kg at 5 weeks but Loki was only 5.7kg at 8 weeks. Ross is on a par with Loki I'd say and was 6.4kg at 8.5 weeks, again similar to Asha's pups. He's nine weeks tomorrow, by then Loki was 7.3kg so it will be interesting to try and get Ross weighed too. I know these things level out with normal growth and development. "Little" Loki is now 39kg and fat Kaiah is now 26kg .. as it should be!
Everyone is doing really well with Ross, so chuffed with my pack. Loki and Ziva continue to be less interested but I can already see the friendship forming with Ross and Kaiah. Though I'm not sure she's best pleased he too likes space hoppers! Kaiah does want every toy that he gets hold of, including stuff that she's not looked at in months.
I'm hoping to start getting him out and about this week. A few friends house, Pets At Home and maybe the garden centre. I can't imagine him sitting quietly in the trolley like Loki did though, he's more likely to want to push it ..lol
I think today we'll pop a collar on him for a few hours then at least if we do get out somewhere we'll have something to grab hold of. Watch out Wales Puppy Poldark is coming!