Sunday 1 January 2023

Ziva Update

The third fit got me ringing the vets - I almost crumpled as I recognised the voice at the end of the phone as the one who refused to come out during Kaiah's whelping. I found myself explaining the situation as abruptly as I could. New Year's Eve or not, I had already decided that I would go over his head if I didn't get what I needed. But, well, we speak as we find and on this occasion he couldn't have been any better. He was at the surgery and checked Ziva's notes before telling me he needed to read the data on the medication and that he would ring me back. True to his word 10 min later he rang back and told me that we could now increase the medication to two morning and night, but reassured me that if needed the dose could go higher. He suggested Ziva have a blood test in 2 weeks and that that may help determine the level of the medication in her system and determine the future dosage. I'll ring and make an appointment to see Beth for the end of next week. If she agrees then we'll do it, but as these seizures are likely to be caused by some kind of brain tumour it may not be of use to us, anyway I'll ask!