Tuesday 31 January 2023

Moving On

The war wounds are healing nicely, I have full mobility of my fingers but I think my thumb will take longer. Today is the last day of the double whamie of antibiotics. I've done far better on metranizadol than I anticipated, but the last time they were given to me I stopped taking them. This time I've got to the end of the course without being sick, though I do feel sick and light-headed today and I've been waking up feeling sick every night! 
Ziva's behaviour continues to confuse the others, Orin now jumps on the sofa every time she's on a wonder. A couple of days ago she did 3 or 4 small circles in the middle of the room before heading off for a drink, standing on a sleeping Ross in the process! Bless him he got up gave a very confused grumble and settled again. Orin and Ross do seem more settled in each others company, but I have stopped them from play fighting together, it's not a comfortable game. I've no idea why Ross does seem to irritate Orin at times, but he's better with him the Loki is, Loki finds him annoying as well, in fairness he does nothing wrong other than bounce his way like Tigger through every day.
I'm very wary of criticising Zeus' character in any post or blog as people are quick to judge, but he has also been affected by the tension here over the last few days. We know he doesn't cope with stressful situations, and though he was three rooms away when we had the altercation, he's certainly been an odd chap since. On Friday morning when I walked into the kitchen to give him his breakfast, Zeus moved away from me. He wouldn't come near me, even for toast! As Steve re dressed my hand, he hid around the corner in the kitchen. On that morning I had a bit of a funny turn, I'll explain privately should you want to know, but nothing happened between me and Zeus. Over the next couple of days he backed away from me and cowered when I went into the room, he wouldn't even take food from my hand ... either hand! I've no idea what has upset him so much but I decided that the way forward was to totally ignore him until he comes to me. I think pandering to him and trying to call him over to be friends would be a mistake, I've done nothing to him, but for some reason he's now wary of me and behaving as if I've battered him. I wish I could ask him what is causing him to be so concerned, but as I've said we do know, and maybe understand, that he does not cope with tension or stress!