Saturday 28 January 2023

Who's Got The Voodoo Doll Out Again?

 Following our run of disasters, "I just dread what's going to happen next," I tell a friend. Well here we go, this is what happened next. Thursday evening the dogs were all relaxing chewing happily when Ziva came crashing round into the middle of everyone and landed on top of Orin. He turned on her and a fight broke out, I got hold of him by the collar and pulled him away. I felt teeth crushing into my hand but carried on pulling them apart, I got Orin outside to see Steve separating Kaiah and Ziva, of course hormonal Hannah had to join in! None of the dogs were hurt, not a single mark or scrape, so where was all the blood coming from, Oh yeah my right hand! 
I wouldn't go to court with the evidence, but I do think it was Orin who got me. Of course I know it was not his intention to bite me, I've had dogs long enough and been bitten enough times to understand "the moment." Steve is an excellent nurse and he patched me up pretty well, but following concern from my mother I did see a nurse the next day. I have one puncture wound on the back of my hand, a rip in the crease of my thumb and some wonderful bruising from the crushing grip to my wrist and hand, today my hand is also swollen, hot and red. So maybe it was a good idea to see the nurse, I've been give two lots of antibiotics, doxycycline and the dreaded metranizadol - the vomit antibiotic, though to be fair following the nurse's  advice of eating when I take it, so far I'm coping. 
So who was to blame, well to be fair no one, I can see both sides of it. Orin was happily relaxing chewing his hoof when Ziva landed on top of him, what was he to think? Am I humanising to think that as far as he was concerned she was starting a fight? Ziva can't be blamed either, her coordination on these pills is piss poor, and Kaiah? Well she's not here now, now we have Hannah! When we carefully put everyone back together, Orin was very edgy, and as soon as Ziva started to wonder about he pushed behind me on the sofa, at one point he was almost crawling up my back. I've never seen Orin behave like that before, and it continued into yesterday. There are no issues when Ziva is lying down, and no problem outside but he is now very uncomfortable as soon as she starts to wonder about. I can't help but wonder what he's sensing, as someone knowledgable said today, to them not only is she behaving oddly, but they will be smelling and sensing her tumour. To be honest, Ziva seems oblivious to her disabilities and just carries on eating everything she can find! My friend asked if her sight had been affected by the fits, Steve thinks it has, I'm not so sure. Put it this way she was asleep on the chair earlier and when she decided to get off she realised that Ross was lying at the foot of the chair, before I could do anything she walked over him, using him as a stepping stone to get to where she wanted to go. He stood up growling with a "what the f*ck?," expression on his face, but by then she'd gone. So if she can see them clearly, then why is she behaving so oddly? I can only conclude that something is affecting her logic and the common sense that she's always had, you just wouldn't walk on a sleeping male, would you?
Keeping Ziva safe is now paramount, as I've said she seems oblivious to her behavioural changes and really seems happy in her new world, the others are not so keen on this new version of Ziva and the last thing we need is a repeat or an escalation of Thursday evening!