Friday 20 January 2023

We Got Out


I can't deny I spent most of my day yesterday wishing I was at the show, hopefully there will be other days, though the options do seem few and far between this year. Anyway we went to Aldi and to see my mother instead, Steve did so well but his frustration at being shattered at a few hours out is predictable but annoying. Tuesday the nurse took bloods, they called him back this morning to take more, apparently his iron levels are low. 
It's hard to know what to cook for dinner. His cholesterol is spot on and the heart attack was nothing to do with that, which kind of makes me think, well apart from his salt consumption we must have been doing OK with our diet? We were told not to eat takeaways or ready meals, hell we don't, we must get less than 10 takeaways a year and even less ready meals,A and I make my own sauces. (But we do get a pizza - home cooked - once a fortnight or so) I looked at veggie mince - but that contains over the guidelines acceptable for salt - so with his cholesterol being Ok it must surely be better to use mince than veggie mince with his high salt contents? Anyone made lasagne with turkey mince? LOL What we will do is make sure we eat the two recommended fish portions per week and have either sausages, bacon or ham once a week only.
Today it was my first walk out on the mountain in just too long. I've felt very enclosed, I'm thankfully for the fields but hell it's just not the same. With my common sense hat on, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold Zeus on that retractable lead and took him to the field for a run. He was not amused and went to stand by the top gate. Clever lad, he knew they'd been out and he wanted to go too. I felt so guilty - maybe I'll try him out on his own on the mountain tomorrow, that may work! 
New ball day!