Friday 13 January 2023

Vet Day

I'm tense as hell, you know, knots in your stomach and that sick feeling. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. I did discuss it with Beth and she said there are never any guarantees but hopefully over the next few weeks as Ross' testosterone decreases things will settle down. To be honest, things had settled down anyway, but there will be another season in just a few weeks, maybe then things may be different? I was really pleased to hear Beth say that she would never neuter a nervous dog, this woman is so on my wavelength. 
Orin is back with the girls now, he was stupidly excited and ran around the field like he was being chased by the devil, well he was, otherwise known as Siska! We'll need to carefully reintroduce Ross when he comes back, he'll probably be a little grumpy and will smell differently for the other troops. Talking of grumpy, he did grumble at Beth, just a low "I'm not sure of this" grumble - funny that the last time he grumbled was probably at Beth too in 2018! 
Ziva had her bloods taken and they'll check for the level of phenobarbital in her blood, I'll get the results this afternoon. She agreed that Ziva now has a saggy belly (her description, not mine!) but on examination she couldn't find any abnormalities. Ziva still weighs 32kg, which has been her static lifelong adult weight, she's not a tall bitch, but she's stocky and always has been.
I keep looking at the clock - I hope my boy is OK!