Tuesday 10 January 2023

Thoughts

I'm sitting here planing, trying to focus my attention on the positive of life. I've done a virtual breeding on winsis to check the outcome on paper of mating Vesco to Siska. Only Furbo doubled up on and in the 5th generation, which mean double Quenn there and one more line to him, but I guess far enough back in the 6th generation. Siska doesn't have lines to Vegas, but Vesco has 3, but again in the 6th generation. If this mating goes ahead, Remo will be introduced into my pedigree now too, a great dog, but another who I don't want to line breed on and we are still steering clear of Zamp. These dogs are all wonderful dogs, but breeders have chosen to line breed in excess bringing the breed into a somewhat of a bottleneck. That's why I'm really pleased that I used Fransisco on my bitches, with his open pedigree it really has given me more choice now and hopefully later.
Of course everything is subject to change, this time last week Steve was in surgery, his life at the hands of a wonderful team of people. I can only hope that he continues to improve as he should so he can potter in his garden through Spring and Summer and that I can spend some days travelling the country to shows, or better still bringing up the next generation of Blaniks at home. 
The dogs are doing just great, I'd love to try and put everyone together at the weekend, but of course we'll have to see how Ross is doing after his surgery. My poor boy, I feel so bloody guilty! Kaiah is still bleeding, but everyone is eating and silent so we must be coming to an end. The hooves I got for them have been a godsend, they are happy chewing to make up for the lack of normal activity. I can't imagine how we would have coped without them, even if the house does stink like cow shit from them! LOL