Monday 26 July 2021

Yesterday's Regional

Yesterday was Leeds Champ show. The judge was a Boxer man who for some reason has decided he knows about GSD's. Having seen him judge GSD's at local shows I decided not to go, if truth be known if he was judging in the village hall I wouldn't go!! Instead we went to a breed regional event run by GSD enthusiasts for GSD enthusiasts, not a Boxer insight. 
I guess when we arrived I felt very unprepared for this kind of show, but sadly gone are the days of huge entries, one of my highlights of days gone by was of Dexi being 3rd in a class of 28 at the Two Day National. I can't imagine those days of high entries will ever return. 
Within minutes of arriving, Orin had already beaten me up. He got overexcited, as he does, bit my boob, broke my bracelet and nearly had me over. Siska was equally excited but she couldn't wait to get down the bank to the action. What is it with these Blanik bred boys that makes them beat me up and shows, Dexi, Louis and Mikey all did it too. 
After watching the baby puppy classes it was Siska's turn to go in. As ever I look with a critical eye and told Ian, "Well she may not win, but I wouldn't swap her for any of them."  I'd already been working on my high pitch call "Siska" - as these events outside attraction is encouraged and your dog must be able to hear you. Little Siska was the youngest in the class, but my god she looked like she'd been doing it forever. What a good girl, a hugely proud moment when she was pulled out first and remained there to win the class. Siska is now Blanik Liszka VP1. 
After lunch it was Orin's turn to hit the ring. He's such a "mummy's boy" (I can't believe I said that, but it's the best description of his nature) and I wasn't sure how he would get on. You know what the boy did me proud. He was measured at 66cms and in her critique the judge described him as "big," haha she should see Loki and Ross! There was only 3 in the S/C Junior dog class and initially he was pulled out last, but when he got it together his powerful movement could not be ignored and Orin was moved to second place, where he remained. Second seems to be Orin's position in the shows, to date anyway! Her only negative comment was that she felt he could be freer in the forehand, can't say I agree, I see his faults but that is not something I've considered when looking at Orin.
During Orin's class I found it better to hide and give the odd shout, so I lay on the floor behind the stewards' tent. At one point there was a gust of wind, the only one all day I think, and all of sudden I was in the tent! "Oh Hello" .. everyone laughed. I said "I'm hiding as he's a bit nuts for me!" Steve Foran laughed and said "The dog is nuts? Can I point out that you are the one lying on the floor in the middle of a field in Warrington" Point made! 
At the end of the judging I left O with Ian and collected the grading cards and paid the handlers. I walked past Ian and Linda several times as I got organised, Orin watching me but behaving. I then decided I'd go and get Siska back out and as I went to walk away I was pulled back by my bra strap, yep Orin had decided I couldn't go! In the process he managed to rip my t.shirt in two places .... OMG Dexi part 2! I did swear at him and told him it was unacceptable ... but with everyone else laughing ... well what could I do? Manners Orin please. And Siska? Well she was on her best behaviour all day. 
I'm so so proud and now I can't wait for the next show .. it will be a KC event as that is my thing ... but yesterday exceeded my expectations. We had so many lovely photos and videos that I may do a collage later ... and I can't wait for the official photos to go online ...so be prepared for lots of photos.