Friday 16 July 2021

Punctured Peanut

Well what a major f*ck up ... I was so so angry, but not with Zeus, with myself. I left the bloody thing out in the garden, how was he to know it was not just a big funny ball to play with? Steve has sent away for a puncture repair kit .. if it doesn't work ... well god knows!
I guess the reason I forgot it was out there was because I changed my routine and took Loki out first. It takes the smallest of changes and I'm out of the routine that's necessary when you live with and care for so many. 
I was having this chat with a friend, she has a multi animal household too. She said that the average 2.5 family household just don't get the work and commitment involved in looking after a large animal family. I agree, Oh listen it's a labour of love, but it is often hard work and people have to wait. Some are not amused when I don't jump to attention on messanger or answer the phone ... but they are not my priority, my animals are. Not every thing runs smoothly, human error is often a downfall, but with hormonal bitches, annoying young males and grumpy older females there is often tension ... and lets not forget the fecking crocodile! OMG Siska is finding it hard to accept "No Teeth!" She means no harm, she grabs in excitement, but with Steve's medication he's regularly "bleeding to death." (His quote)  
It's so like Louis, he only grabbed me and Sharon, only ever the people they are close to. The excitement just overwhelms them and the mouth grabs the sleeve. She does it to us, to Ian and to Linda. The fact that Steve doesn't take it seriously and  laughs doesn't really help! I agree she is a character, such a comedian ... but rules need making now or she'll be just like Louis, and I was the one laughing then! 
Isla and Luther out with Loki.