Thursday 22 July 2021

Turn The Heating Down

Here we go again, another boiling hot day ahead. For the life of me I can't understand the pleasure people find in it. It's been a week since these dogs were walked, it would be insane of me to try and walk them and to be honest I don't think they care. They are finding it too hot and spend their day in the cottage or in the shade in the yard. 
As ever I can't function, I can't sleep and that leaves me feeling ill. Yesterday my head was quite bad and I got myself in a state. I was worried "It was going to happen again." Once that thought enters my head I can't shake it, and yesterday afternoon was the worst I've felt in a long time. I was even planning were the dogs would go if I was back in Walton. Crazy? Possibly, but sometimes you can't control the negativity can you. Two things helped me, eventually I told Steve how I was feeling and a friend out of the blue messaged and said she was feeling so ill in the heat .. Hmm, yeah, logically it is the heat, and lack of sleep ... again because of the heat. 
It's been too hot to put the hairy chap in the kennel all week. He's been sharing time in the middle roomand garden with Nico and Jezi. He's quite happy in the kitchen when it's their turn. Yesterday we went and got him some new toys, well we have plenty but wanted him to have his own in the garden. He was over the moon, but his favourite is still a very old orange ball that came from TKMax. I only go there for toys! 
Loki hasn't been good since the last lot of  treatment, but he isn't being walked as he should be. Damned if I do, damned if I don't! Steve did try and take him out with a wet towel on, but sadly he couldn't hold the weight. Hopefully things will start to cool off at the weekend and we can get him out 4 times a day again.
Neither Siska or Loki are finishing breakfast. Hers is taken away after 10 mins, eat it or loose it as is the case with any health dog. Loki has to eat it as his medication is in it, I usually mash in a spoonful of cat food into it for him, but I don't play the game for his 4.30pm meal ... he's bright enough to start taking advantage isn't he. 
We had a chat about feeding on the way to the show. They are all so different, food is not important to Ross, but Orin is a glutton. I always feed less than the generous recommended allowance on the bag, I let the dogs condition speak for itself ... and of course spayed bitches get one third less than entire bitches. Give or take some moulting everyone looks great, though Jezi's diet may not have gone as well as it should have done!