Friday 9 July 2021

Loki's Walks

I need to re-plan. Those of you familiar with this spot will know it's less than 10 mins from home, but this was as far as I went with Loki today, and it was far enough. It really really didn't work. He was overexcited, tried running with the girls and even tried to dive bomb Sammi, which left her miles away and him splat on the floor.  I guess if I'm going to try to give him this type of walk then we'll have to resort to a lead .. even if it's only to the halfway point. I really can't imagine trying to run, bending in all directions and falling over is physically beneficial to him. Yeah we'll try a long lead!
Facebook friends will know my frustration that his peanut ball has been delivered to the wrong address and we've no idea where it is! It's now in the hands of DPD and Amazon. A bloody expensive thing to go missing, though it's not just about the money it's about getting Loki the physio he needs. I'm quite pissed off really, I never seem to do well with Amazon, though to be fair this is down to DPD. 
Steve thinks I should be pushing Loki to do more, I'm not so sure. I think Steve is adopting the same rules as he does with himself. I get where he's coming from but I'd sooner keep building things up slowly for him. I agree, we can do more, but without over stretching things. Whereas it's wonderful to know that Loki is not in pain, he does struggle with his mobility, I think gently does it.  
Edit - This afternoon's walk with Loki worked well. I took him and Siska together. Little miss finds him a bit odd and boring, so mainly did her own thing. He wasn't overly interested in her but enjoyed the company, yes we'll do that again!