Tuesday 6 July 2021

A Cunning Plan

 It's one of those days, you know, when the smallest of task become a nightmare. I know I'm waking up with a post SAH head as despite my best effort I can't wake up and function. Hell, it doesn't often happen these days, I'm not complaining, only giving the background to the "dog story!"
Tesco was done and the troops were desperate to get out, Mr S had gone to the Doctors and off we toddled. Nico played the dumb card as I opened the top gate as Steve returned, he knew what I wanted from him, but he had a better plan. Loki was awful, heartbreaking, but I kept telling myself that if he slowed down he'd be better, again he had his own, better plan! 
Next it was Zeus to go out, he was no bother and enjoyed his time-out with the ball. I came back through the "Boncan" where the Blanik family are buried, shared some words with them and headed home. "Zeus" ... "Zeus" .... Oh god this one also had a plan, he was back lying in the middle of the field  ... "Zeus come." Nothing, my usually choice would be to go towards him and pick up the long line and guide him by the ball home. But you know what I couldn't be bothered, I swore at him and left him there. I came in and sat on the bench, Steve said "Ok so this is a battled of wills?" I said no, I just can't be fecking bothered. It was less than a minute, that was all it took before he and his ball arrived back in the yard, I must admit I was expecting a longer stand-off ... lets be fair .. half a gold star? 
By the way, the photo is not from today ... I couldn't be bothered to take any and now I'm going under my blanket on the sofa with Ross!