Sunday 24 January 2021

Yogurt Anyone?


I’ve started giving the pups a little Goat’s yogurt today, just a little on my finger to start them thinking about food. After the first initial look of shock they loved it. I’m not rushing to get them on to food with only 5 of them, but best be prepared for all eventualities. I’ll give it a few days then start making up a little porridge with the puppy food and yogurt. Should be fun!
I'm going to stick to Doctor John's puppy food, the previous litter did so well on it, no looseness and everyone loved it. Though puppy Beth took her time, I think she just liked the yogurt too much. It was recommended by GSD people and I have to admit Orin thrived on it, I put him on Titanium at 4 months as they recommend. He looks great and has done throughout. In the past I've used, Beta, Pedigree, Arden Grange, CSJ and Royal Canin, and I think this has been the best I've used. Being as the breed is so prone to panosteitis I really am worried about some of the high protein foods. Seeing Lia and Ross suffer with pano has really made me wary of high protein foods. I know Pano goes away, I know it is a growing pain but it can be quite debilitating and very painful for the affected animals. 
 I guess,  If it ain't broke ...
Miss K on the camp bed!