Saturday 30 January 2021

Bedding And Feeding

Love this photo of the girls chilling in the toys. Just warmed up my heart. I'm thinking of putting the white vet beds back to bed now, till the next time, when ever that will be. I have plenty of  the check ones, I bought another roll of it so that's not an issue, the issue is I cut it into 6 huge bits so getting it dry is fun .. Thankfully we are keeping the multi fuel stove going 24/7 so the radiators are always hot. It is handy to have two layers, I'm sure there are plenty of the grey ones that will do instead of the white. Vet beds really are the best bedding, unless Nico gets hold of them they last forever.
I'm starting to feel sorry for Kaiah, it's like a rugby scrum in the pen when she goes in to feed them. To be honest she doesn't seem to care though. I'm still trying to get the smaller three on as quickly as I can, but the way the other two wade through moving everything in their path is something else. Saying smaller ones, really they are not that small, it's just Raven and Pink seem a little ahead. At the three week point Bruce (Biscuit) was the largest in the K litter also weighing 3lb 10 oz - so that is even with Robin and Wren. The largest of the bitches in the K litter at the 3 week point was Jazz (Spice) at 3lb 2oz - so Geraldine is heavier. It's all down to the size of the litter isn't it. (The smallest male at that point was Loki Basil at 3lb 2oz and the smallest surviving bitch was Beth at 2lb 9oz) With everyone getting it together to eat now I'm sure they'll level out. 
Lovely photo of Bruce in the snow today, Handsome boy.