Thursday 14 January 2021

Registrations Done

I've paid my money I've filled in the form. With chaos still at the KC I thought I ought to register the puppies quickly to have a chance of getting the paperwork through in time. I'm not able to do online registrations, as Sisco is still owned by his Italian breeder the KC insist on it all being done on paper. Having already paid a stud fee to Zalu, Joe was very kind and let me pay the stud fee for Sisco when the pups were on the ground. Modern technology and the money was with him within minutes yesterday. So two stud fees paid and 7 progesterone tests - OMG the out-goings, I'm spending all Mr S' pension!!!! Ah but look at them - who cares?
I've felt very sad for the people who have missed out on pups. Nothing I could do about it, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel for them, especially when circumstance had let some people down already. The person who was reserve to my list of 8 did not want to wait and see if Kasey was pregnant, so I gave him the number of another GSD exhibitor with a litter. He came back to me and said she was asking £1,850. WHAT? I won't recommend her again, another jumping on the bandwagon me thinks! Prices have gone up, and yes these are dearer than the previous litter but come on, at the end of the day the home must be the most important thing. I know these are reserved, but the prospective owners know that if these pups are not for them, if they get here and find they are not what they are looking for then no hard feelings. I'd sooner they walked away than made a decision they later regret, maybe at the detriment of the pup. I'm always here, I will take any of them back if the home doesn't work, but if there are any doubts then it's best they walk away now. (Or even at 8 weeks when they see them) 
I'm looking forward to getting these weighed on Saturday, (I'm easily pleased) they are coming on a treat and even Geraldine and Wren who were the smaller couple at birth seem to be maintaining the same weight gain as the 3 fatties. Before we've even thought about it, it will be time for eyes to open, and then what fascinates me the most is when the ear canals open. It really is amazing when that first head pops up when you walk in a room... 
Four in a photo together ... Pink on her own. Just as they were at the time.