Thursday 7 January 2021

Logic In The Light Of Day

I had to take Sammi straight back to the vet first thing this morning. Though she was bright and her colour good we had changed the dressing twice but  still could not stop the bleeding. Everything was sodden, and it had gone through onto her bedding. After doing it a third time the kitchen looked like a butcher's kitchen. Vet Beth is very calm, and I think quite likes Sammi. She again commented on how friendly she is, she said "She likes everyone here."  Sammi has always liked people but is more choosy on dogs, some she likes some she doesn't! Anyway they have bandaged her up again and said to continue the crate rest, only out for weewee's! 
Though I knew the blood was coming from the stitches and not from anywhere internal I was still worried sick. It just seemed like an excess of blood, but I guess a little goes a long way. I did google it in the early hours, and yes it's something that happens but that was of little comfort to me really at the time with the world sleeping around me. It's always worse at night isn't it, you always feel alone. 
I think it'll have to be a lazy day today - just a run in the field again after lunch will have to do the gang ... such a hard life.. lol