Wednesday 6 January 2021

Sammi's In For Spaying

10.00am - I'm back from dropping Sammi off at the vets for her neutering operation. I can't deny I'm terrified. I hate it so much but for her health and my sanity it had to be done. 6 week long seasons, well it just isn't right, and with her increasing age the risk of pyometra increases too.  I'm not afraid to admit I was welling up handing her over in the car park ... The next few hours will drag no doubts. 
11.45am - The vet rang, my heart sank .. Beth assured me Sammi was now Ok, but there had been a complication. The ligature on the right ovary had slipped and had needed replacing. I must admit there were lots of questions that I should have asked at the time, but I didn't, my main concern was  knowing that Sammi was OK. Now I have to wait until 2pm before I can ring .. honestly I feel sick with worry. 
13.20pm - Rhys who works at the vets has just sent me the above photo. Bless him, it means so much. Such a kind, caring young man. 
15.45 pm - We are home. Sammi has a couple of stitches bleeding, so they have given her a body bandage. Hopefully she'll be better after a few days of rest and TLC. Steve has put the big cage in the living room for her, I want her back with the gang but obviously she needs peace and quiet for a few days now.