Monday 11 January 2021

Puppy Names

 Last night as we watched "Beat The Chasers" I had a lightbulb moment - I could have named them after the Chasers! Damn Ah well too late now anyway! 
Now I need the next set of names - the "L" names. I have a couple and thought of maybe an Italian theme, but I've changed my mind. 
I love these -  
"In Hebrew and Arabic the word Leila or Laila means "night", "dark" and the name is often given to girls born during the night, signifying "daughter of the night" Yes very Apt. 
"The name Lumi is a girl's name of Finnish origin meaning "snow". Lumi may be a rare girls' name in the USA and England, but it comes in the Top 50 in Finland, where it means snow."
Leeanna could keep up some traditions - Deeanna, Ivana, Jeevana - another thought is Liska, (Or Liszka)  just changing the first letter of my currently preferred pet name, Siska. I simply made up the name with Sis from Sisco and Ka from Kaiah, but of course when you look it has an array of meanings, some very odd and others more pleasing. Siska - the name originated from Indonesian meaning livelihood path peaceful, independent, happy and perfect. Sisca is a short form of Francisca, but I thought putting the Ka in to represent Kaiah was a nice idea.
I'm happy for suggestions from the prospective owners of the boys. I love Laurent, "Laurent is a French masculine given name of Latin origin. It is used in France, Canada, and other French-speaking countries. The name was derived from the Roman surname Laurentius, which meant "from Laurentum". It can also be derived from the Old Greek word Lavrenti, meaning "the bright one, shining one"." But of course to me Laurent is the beautiful vampire in one of my favourite films, Twilight. It would be my first choice of name if I were keeping a boy.  I also have Latif, Luigi and Luciano on my list. Any more ideas??? If I don't like it I won't use it, but I'm open to suggestions from you three ...