Wednesday 18 December 2019

Windy City

Sun Rise 
 In the winter I do tend to keep an eye on the online weather forecast. Living high on the hill it's best to know if there is snow on the way and also to see if strong wind is forecast. This morning's unpredictable sky gave early warning of rough weather to come and I opted to get out ASAP as the wind was set to increase during the morning. Now I'm not saying it wasn't windy at 9.30am - it was, but the worst was yet to come.
 The gusts were at their strongest on the Nantlle side of Moel Tryfan so I planned the walks accordingly, walking into it for a short a time as possible. With the Wind mainly behind us to be honest it was quite invigorating.  
By walk three the guests had increased dramatically. To be honest had I left it later to get out then I probably wouldn't have gone ,, but hell I'm glad I did. As usual I found myself going further up with these three, they are fun to exercise at the best of times but in wind all my dogs get an extra buzz. I could barely walk in a straight line whilst they ran around like idiots. What is it about windy weather that gets them all so excited? I must admit I really enjoyed myself and would probably have gone further had I not felt the forecast rain in the breeze ...